Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, apple pie. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Apple Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Apple Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Our classic apple pie takes a shortcut with easy Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust! Baked with a filling of fresh apples and warm spices, there is as much simple joy in preparing this pie as there is in eating it. Each bite makes your friends and family feel warm, cozy. In a small bowl, combine the sugars, flour and spices; set aside.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have apple pie using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Apple Pie:
- Get 6-7 cups thinly sliced and peeled apples
- Get 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Get 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Prepare 1 teaspoon cinammon
- Get 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Take 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- Make ready Pie Crust
- Get 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Get 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Make ready 2/3 cup shortening
- Get 5-6 tablespoons ice water
- Take 3 tablespoons butter
- Prepare 2 tablespoons fresh milk
- Get 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
Put the apple filling in the pan and mound it slightly in the. Apple pie is best served warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Apple pie is as all-American as dessert gets. Whether you're craving a classic recipe or a twist, our collected favorites are sure to satisfy.
Instructions to make Apple Pie:
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, water, cinnamon and nutmeg; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide in half, making one half slightly larger.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to plate; trim even with edge of plate. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust.
- Trim, seal and flute edges. Brush with milk; sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Apple pie is as all-American as dessert gets. Whether you're craving a classic recipe or a twist, our collected favorites are sure to satisfy. Place the bottom crust in your pan. Cover with a lattice work crust. Hundreds of thousands of people search for the best recipe.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food apple pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!