Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, hearty pumpkin congee. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Hearty Pumpkin Congee is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Hearty Pumpkin Congee is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Great recipe for Hearty Pumpkin Congee. Traditional Chinese congee is always one of my favorite dishes. Addition of pumpkin makes this dish even more suiting for when the weather is turning cold. Bonus little tip to let you make congee in an hour. <p>Hearty Pumpkin Congee.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook hearty pumpkin congee using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Hearty Pumpkin Congee:
- Take 3/4 cup rice
- Take 7 cup water
- Take 2 chicken thighs
- Make ready 200 g pork for different texture
- Get 1/2 small size pumpkin
- Get 5-6 baby corn
- Prepare 4-6 button portobellos
- Prepare 3 shitake mushrooms
- Make ready White pepper
- Take Salt
- Make ready Pickled mustard, 榨菜
- Get Soy sauce
- Take Chicken oil or cooked oil
- Prepare Sesame oil
- Take Corn starch
Cut the pumpkin, peel it and put it in a pan with boiling salty water. Add the corn meal stirring well and keep stirring from time to time. Smooth, creamy, hearty and warming, this pumpkin porridge is a quick and easy, make ahead, ready when you are breakfast. vegan + gluten free This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and make a purchase, I may make a commission at no cost to you. Millet is a great for making porridge because it breaks down when you cook it for long enough.
Steps to make Hearty Pumpkin Congee:
- Wash and freeze rice. Yes, freezer to accelerate cooking afterwards. Can even make congee for dinner after a long day at work.
- Soak shitake mushrooms.
- Add 7 cups of water, and rice together. 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to rolling boil when covered (small opening to prevent boil over if tight lid). Boil for 40 minutes, stir occasionally, more so towards the end.
- Cut chicken thighs into long narrow strips, 3mm wide x thickness of the thigh. Marinate with soy sauce, white pepper and touch of sesame oil.
- Cut pork into 2x2mm strips, or mince. Marinate with salt, soy sauce, corn starch, touch of cooking oil.
- Cut pumpkin into 1/2 inch cubes. (Smaller if prefer to have more dissolved) Add to congee after 20 minute boil.
- Cut baby corn length-wise into 8ths, then in half.
- Cut shitake mushrooms, pickled mustard, and button portobellos mushrooms into thin strips.
- After boiling the congee for 40 minutes (20 with the pumpkin), or until desired consistency. Add baby corn, shitake, portobellos, and pickled mustard.
- Turn up the heat to a medium-high for a strong boil. Add meats and quickly separate for even cooking. The meats will stop the boiling but will reboil quickly from the high heat. Once reboil turn heat off and cover for 3 minutes.
- Dress with chicken oil or cooked oil. Salt and white pepper to taste. Serve hot!
Smooth, creamy, hearty and warming, this pumpkin porridge is a quick and easy, make ahead, ready when you are breakfast. vegan + gluten free This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and make a purchase, I may make a commission at no cost to you. Millet is a great for making porridge because it breaks down when you cook it for long enough. In this millet porridge recipe, I added pumpkin puree to give the porridge subtle sweet flavor. The pumpkin also thickens the porridge, giving it a nice creamy consistency. Furthermore, the pumpkin puree also gives the porridge a beautiful orange hue.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food hearty pumpkin congee recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!