Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, punjabi tadka dal. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Punjabi Toor Dal Tadka and rice is the ultimate comfort food and it is made with basic ingredients found in every Indian home. Dal tadka is found on most restaurant menus and every Indian loves a home cooked dal. Punjabi Toor Dal Tadka Recipe is a very nutritious high protein lentil dish that is simple to prepare. Punjabi Dal Tadka is a little different from other Dals, as two different varieties of dals are used and the spices used are also a little different.
Punjabi tadka dal is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Punjabi tadka dal is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook punjabi tadka dal using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Punjabi tadka dal:
- Make ready 1 bowl soaked chana dal for (2hours)
- Get 1 smal bowl soaked toor dal for (30 mins)
- Take 3 medium sized chopped onion
- Take 3 chopped tomatoes
- Make ready Handful chopped green coriander
- Take 2 chopped green chillies
- Prepare 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- Prepare 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- Take 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- Prepare 6 whole dry red chillies
- Make ready Pinch asafoetida
- Make ready 1 tsp meat masala
- Prepare To taste salt
- Make ready As needed water
- Make ready 2 tsp turmeric powder
- Take 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Take 50 grams butter
- Prepare 1 tbsp pure ghee
About Punjabi Dal Tadka Recipe: This Punjabi dal tadka is a mouth-watering dish served with roti, naan or rice. Any north Indian menu is incomplete without this tadka dal. This Punjabi dal tadka is simple homemade goodness on a plate. It tastes just like the smoky dal tadka you get in restaurants.
Instructions to make Punjabi tadka dal:
- Firstly wash the soaked dal.
- Now in a cooker add all soaked dal salt to taste, half tbsp turmeric powder, water as required now pressure cook up to 4 whistles now cook for 5 mins on lower flame, now reduce the flame.
- Let's cool completely open the lid and transfer the bowl.
- Now heat the frying pan take some butter then add half tbsp cumin, pinch of asafoetida crackle it then add garlic, red chill saute it light brown colour on medium flame.
- Now add green chilli, ginger stir it few seconds.
- Now add chopped onion saute it 5 to 8 mins until colour change to pink.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, half tbsp turmeric powder, meat masala powder, pinch of salt, chopped green coriander, mix it properly cook on lower flame for 2 mins.
- Now add 1 small bowl dal water mix well cook for 2 or 3 mins on lower flame.
- Now add cooked dal mix nicely again cover and cook for 2 mins.
- Again heat the another tadka pan take some ghee then add half tbsp cumin and dry red chilli crackle it and temper it into cooked dal.
- It's ready to serve it with any types of chapati and rice.
This Punjabi dal tadka is simple homemade goodness on a plate. It tastes just like the smoky dal tadka you get in restaurants. If you liked the recipe, do give a * star rating either on the recipe or when you comment. Tadka (known as tempering in English) is the base for all your favourite Indian dishes. This Punjabi tadka is specific to North Indian food and is used in all dal, sabzi, and gravy based dishes like curry chicken.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food punjabi tadka dal recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!