Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, homemade ketchup recipe. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pour ground tomatoes into slow cooker. Add sugar, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, celery salt, mustard powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and whole clove; whisk to combine. Homemade ketchup is a must make. It's so simple, flavorful and easy to spice up or change up based on what you love.
Homemade Ketchup Recipe is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Homemade Ketchup Recipe is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have homemade ketchup recipe using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Ketchup Recipe:
- Prepare 800 g fresh tomatoes, washed and quatered
- Prepare 1/2 small onion
- Get 1 small clove of garlic
- Take 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Make ready 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Take 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- Get 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Make ready 1/2 tsp cinnamon, or to taste
- Get 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Take 1/2 tsp paprika, or to taste
- Prepare 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Take as needed Water,
Although making your own will save money, for us it was more about avoiding certain ingredients and finding that perfect ketchup. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. This Homemade Ketchup recipe couldn't be easier to make. How to Make Quick Homemade Ketchup.
Instructions to make Homemade Ketchup Recipe:
- In a saucepot/pan, add in the tomatoes, onion and garlic and a bit of water. Cover the pot.
- Boil the tomatoes, onion and garlic for about 10+ minutes till the vegetables soften. After, let cool.
- When cooled. Add the vegetables and water to a blender and puree.
- After, strain the mixture back into the pot. (Rinse the pot if necessary.)
- Turn on the heat to medium high. Boil the puree stirring frequently until all the water evaporates. Lower the heat.
- Next, add in the sugar and stir again.
- Cook until the sugar dissolves.
- To continue, add in the tomato paste, vinegar and salt. Stir again and cook for about a minute.
- Finally, add in the oil and seasonings and stir again. Continue cooking for a few minutes until everything is well combined, thick and all the water has evaporated.
- Take it off the heat and let cool. After it cools, thin it out with water as desired.
- The ketchup is ready. Store in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge. It will last about 2 weeks in the fridge. Serve with fries or make different other sauces. Enjoy!
This Homemade Ketchup recipe couldn't be easier to make. How to Make Quick Homemade Ketchup. Homemade ketchup seems somehow mysterious, but once you find a good recipe, it's not complicated to make. My youngest loves ketchup, so I tried out several homemade ketchup recipes until we found some he liked. The first ketchup recipe uses fresh tomatoes, and is suitable for canning or freezing for long term storage.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food homemade ketchup recipe recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!