Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, flaky quiche crust. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Flaky Quiche Crust is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Flaky Quiche Crust is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook flaky quiche crust using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Flaky Quiche Crust:
- Take For The Crust
- Make ready 1 Large Egg
- Make ready 2 1/2 Tbs ICE COLD Water
- Get 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- Get 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Make ready 140 Gr UnSalted Butter - Cubed
- Prepare For The Filling
- Take 200 Gr Lardon - Smoked or UnSmoked
- Prepare 50 Gruyere Cheese
- Make ready 200 ml Creme Fraiche (I used Sour Cream - Also Good)
- Make ready 200 ml Double Cream
- Get 3 Eggs, Well Beaten - (I used 2 medium Chicken eggs and 1 Duck egg and it was Amazing)
- Make ready Pinch ground Nutmeg
Steps to make Flaky Quiche Crust:
- In the Bowl of a food processor, add flour and salt and Pulse, add the butter and pulse until looks like course meal. Add in the egg and Ice Water, pulse until dough forms
- Transfer the Dough onto a floured surface and roll out to over the size of your flan dish. Put ontop of the dish and press lightly into place. Then using a knife remove any excess.
- Put into Freezer for 20-25 mins - this needs to be very cold before filling is added.
- Method for Filling - Heat a frying pan and cook the lardons, drain the fat and cook again but do not allow to crisp. Remove from pan onto paper towels.
- Cut 3/4 of the Cheese into Cubes and Great the rest.
- Slacken the crème Fraiche and whisk in the cream, then slowly whisk in the eggs. Add a little salt and the nutmeg.
- Sprinkle the Lardons and 3/4 of the cheese into the pastry base and pour in about 1/2 of the mixture. Then put half way into the oven on a baking sheet (pre-Heated to 220c). Then Pour the rest of the mixture in and close the Over - Lower Temp to 190c and cook for 25 mins until top is golden.
- Remove the quiche and let settle for 5 mins remove from tin and eat - it is also good cold :)
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food flaky quiche crust recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!