Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, blueberry streusel scones recipe. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Blueberry Streusel Scones Recipe is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Blueberry Streusel Scones Recipe is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
In a large bowl, whisk together first four ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk together egg, cream and vanilla; add to crumb mixture, stirring just until moistened. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook blueberry streusel scones recipe using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Blueberry Streusel Scones Recipe:
- Prepare Blueberry Streusel Scones
- Prepare 2 cup all purpose flour
- Prepare 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- Take 2 tsp baking powder
- Prepare 1/8 tsp salt
- Prepare 6 tbsp chilled, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Make ready 1 cup fresh blueberries (or chocolate chips, cranberries and so forth)
- Make ready 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Make ready 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Make ready 1/2 cup milk or cream
- Prepare Brushing tops of scones
- Take 1 milk or cream
- Prepare Streusel Topping
- Take 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Get 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Get 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Make ready 2 tbsp chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Top each scone with a teaspoon or two of the streusel mixture. Cover and refrigerate any leftover streusel mixture. Place a small amount of cream in a bowl and using a pastry brush, brush the top of the scones.
Instructions to make Blueberry Streusel Scones Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200 degrees C) and place oven rack in the center of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or lightly butter or spray the baking sheet with a non stick vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut the cold butter into small pieces and blend into the flour mixture with a pastry blender, your fingertips, or two knives. The mixture should look like coarse crumbs. Gently fold in the blueberries. In a separate bowl whisk the beaten egg with the vanilla and milk. Add this mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until the dough comes together. Do not over mix the dough or the scones will be tough.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and gentlyknead the dough four or five times and then pat the dough into a 7 inch (18 cm) round. Cut this circle in half, then cut each half into four pie-shaped wedges (triangles). Place the scones on the baking sheet. Brush the tops of the scones with a little cream or milk.
- Streusel Topping: In a bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, and cinnamon. With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Top each scone with a teaspoon or two of the streusel mixture. Cover and refrigerate any leftover streusel mixture.
- Bake the scones until nicely browned, about 18 - 22 minutesor until a toothpick inserted in the center of a scone comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. These are best eaten the day they are made but can be covered and stored for a few days. The scones can also be frozen.
Cover and refrigerate any leftover streusel mixture. Place a small amount of cream in a bowl and using a pastry brush, brush the top of the scones. Sprinkle the scones with the streusel topping to cover the entire surface evenly. To make the streusel, mix together brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter in a small bowl until crumbly. Brush the top of the dough with milk and sprinkle the streusel over top.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food blueberry streusel scones recipe recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!