Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, caramel apple scones. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Caramel Apple Scones is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Caramel Apple Scones is something that I have loved my entire life.
In a small bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk the cream, egg yolk and vanilla; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. These caramel apple scones are buttery and moist with crisp crumbly edges and soft flaky centers.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have caramel apple scones using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Caramel Apple Scones:
- Take Scones: 2 cups all-purpose flour plus more for later
- Get sugar
- Make ready baking powder
- Get ground cinnamon
- Prepare plus 2 tbsp cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Make ready apples (your choice) cored and cut into 1/2- to 3/4 inch cubes
- Take caramel cubes
- Prepare buttermilk
- Make ready Glaze: 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- Get sugar
- Prepare ground cinnamon
- Get melted caramel
They are apple scones drizzled with caramel icing. Watch the video showing you how to make these scones, then scroll to the bottom of this post to print out the complete recipe so you can make them at home. Caramel apples aren't a big deal in my house for a few very-good-reasons. Caramel Apple Scones Firm, moist caramel apple scones filled with chopped apple chunks and a lovely hint of cinnamon.
Steps to make Caramel Apple Scones:
- Preheat oven to 350*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make scones: In a big bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add butter and use your hands to rub into the flour mixture slightly, still leaving it in chunks. (Thick dime- to quarter-size pieces.
- Gently mix in the apples and caramel. (I prefer my hands)
- Gradually add the buttermilk while very lightly folding the dough with your hands. Mix until just combined, turn out the dough onto a flour-covered surface, and pat into a circle 1 to 1 1/2 inched thick. Cut the dough into 8 wedges and place them a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- To glaze the scones: Brush the tops of the scones with the melted caramel and cream. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle the cones.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and stick a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool and a rack.
Caramel apples aren't a big deal in my house for a few very-good-reasons. Caramel Apple Scones Firm, moist caramel apple scones filled with chopped apple chunks and a lovely hint of cinnamon. The perfect breakfast, snack, or teatime indulgence! HOW TO MAKE CARAMEL APPLE SCONES First, you will mix together your flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, and then incorporate your butter. Peel, core, and finely chop the apple.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food caramel apple scones recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!