Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, jambalaya. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Visit The Site To Learn About The Origins Of Jambalaya & How To Make It. Season the sausage and chicken pieces with Cajun seasoning. Remove with slotted spoon, and set aside. According to the dictionary, jambalaya is "rice cooked usually with ham, sausage, chicken, shrimp, or oysters and seasoned with herbs." In talking with lovers of authentic Creole food, this statement is as close as you will get to having people agree on what jambalaya really is.
Jambalaya is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Jambalaya is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook jambalaya using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Jambalaya:
- Take 3 Tbs olive oil, divided
- Make ready 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, butterflied in half
- Make ready 1 1/8 cups white rice (Uncle Ben's)
- Take 2 stalks celery, chopped
- Get 1 white onion, chopped
- Take 2 bell peppers, chopped
- Make ready 1 jalapeno, chopped
- Take 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Make ready 3 cups chicken broth
- Prepare 1 (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tbs Cajun seasoning
- Take 1/2 tsp thyme
- Make ready 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Take 1 bay leaf
- Make ready 3/4 cup okra, sliced
- Prepare 1 pkg polish sausage, sliced
- Take 1 lb shrimp thawed and peeled
- Prepare Salt and pepper for taste
- Prepare Toppings
- Make ready Parsley
- Make ready Green onion
- Prepare Hot sauce
Jambalaya is such a culinary staple and storied dish in New Orleans the word is used to describe so much more than food. "What a crazy jambalaya of music at this festival." The dish has represented New Orleans since Colonial Spanish settlers tried reconstructing their native paella from locally-sourced ingredients. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon. Using an ice cream scoop, place a scoop of rice on to the center of the bowlfuls of jambalaya. Sprinkle dishes with salt, pepper, chopped scallions, and thyme.
Steps to make Jambalaya:
- Heat up 2 Tbs of olive oil and cook chicken for two minutes on each side, not fully cooked. Cut chicken into cubes and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté shrimp, season with salt and pepper. Remove shrimp to cool.
- In the same pan, add the final Tbs of olive oil, rice and cook until rice starts to toast. Add onion, celery, bell peppers, jalapeno, and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, cajun seasoning, thyme, cayenne pepper, bay leaf, okra, sausage, and chicken back in. Bring to a boil, turn the heat all the way to low, cover and let simmer for 25 minutes.
- Top with shrimp once the rice is cooked. Add toppings to individual bowls and enjoy!
Using an ice cream scoop, place a scoop of rice on to the center of the bowlfuls of jambalaya. Sprinkle dishes with salt, pepper, chopped scallions, and thyme. Jambalaya In a Dutch oven, combine mix, water, tomatoes, tomato sauce and smoked sausage. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Jambalaya Ingredients: Alright, let's talk ingredients.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food jambalaya recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!