Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, cooking light's chili mac. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cooking Light's Chili Mac is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Cooking Light's Chili Mac is something which I have loved my whole life.
Drain well and wipe drippings from pan with a paper towel (if your beef is lean enough, you won't really need to do this). Make a throwback favorite the whole family will love. This old-school mac and cheese recipe gets a fresh upgrade when made with delicious chicken-based chili. The kick of spice from chili powder, fire-roasted tomatoes, and diced green chiles will wake up and shake up your idea of classic macaroni and cheese.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have cooking light's chili mac using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cooking Light's Chili Mac:
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Get 1/2 onion, chopped
- Take 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- Get 1 lb Trader Joe's Beefless Ground Beef
- Take 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- Make ready 1/2 c water
- Get 1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce, no salt added
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) can of diced tomatoes, no salt added
- Take 1 (15 oz) can of red beans, drained
- Prepare 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Take 1 c uncooked elbow macaroni
- Take 1 1/2 c frozen corn
- Prepare 1 tbsp chili powder
- Prepare 1 tsp cumin
- Take 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Make ready 1/2-1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Prepare Trader Joe's corn chips
Crispy bits of Mexican chorizo (fresh, crumbly sausage—not to be confused with Spanish chorizo) create a delicious topping for this sweet-spicy take on mac and cheese. There's a fair amount of heat here, so if you prefer mild food, use even less chipotle. Meaty, cheesy, and delicious—kids will love this comforting dinner of this chili mac and cheese. But, that's not all, parents will love it too—it's quick and hearty, but not too heavy.
Instructions to make Cooking Light's Chili Mac:
- In a large dutch oven, saute onion in olive oil on medium heat until soft. Add green pepper and saute until soft. Add some water to saute and prevent scorching if needed. Also you may cover, stirring frequently to hasten cooking along.
- Add Beefless Ground Beef and garlic. Saute until heated through and slightly browned. Add 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for 3-4 minutes covered to combine flavors.
- Heat 1-2 quarts of water in a small saucepan to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Drain when cooked.
- Add canned tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, red beans, and tomato paste to Beefless beef mixture and stir to combine.
- Add elbow macaroni and corn. Stir to combine. Add chili powder, cumin and salt. You may add pepper if you prefer. I use Chimayo chile powder and recommend it if you can obtain it.
- Cook for 30 minutes simmering on low medium heat. Stir every 10 minutes to prevent scorching. Add 1/4 c of water if needed. The final result should not be very saucy.
- Serve in shallow bowls, top with cheddar cheese. Corn chips on the side. Use to scoop up chili mac or crumbled on top. Both are preferred methods in our house.
Meaty, cheesy, and delicious—kids will love this comforting dinner of this chili mac and cheese. But, that's not all, parents will love it too—it's quick and hearty, but not too heavy. Plus, it holds up well, and it's even better leftover. This simple beef-and-cheese dinner makes a great kid-friendly option for busy school nights. Plus, since it calls for onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, kidney beans, and corn, chili mac is a great way to sneak extra veggies into your kids' diets.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food cooking light's chili mac recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!