Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Great recipe for Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne. A complete filling and healthy meal that my husband loves having! On picture, I used purple sweet potato but feel free to use any available sweet potato. *Type O, diabetic, and Keto diet friendly recipe. Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page.
Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne:
- Get 2 pc. sweet potato, medium (approx 2 x 4 inch each)
- Make ready 1/2 cup lean ground beef
- Make ready 1 pc. carrot, small, minced
- Take 1/4 cup pinto beans (cooked and canned, or refried type)
- Take 2 tbsp olive oil
- Make ready Spices
- Prepare 1 pc. bell pepper, small (red or green), finely chopped
- Take 1 pc. onion, small, finely chopped
- Take 2 cloves garlic
- Make ready 1 tsp salt, adjust according to taste
- Make ready 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- Prepare Sauce
- Take 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Get 1/8 tsp cayenne or chilli pepper
- Make ready 1/8 cup lemon / lime/ calamansi juice
- Get Dash honey, to taste
- Take 1-2 tbsp water
- Prepare Optional
- Prepare 1/8 tsp anise seed (optional)
- Take 2 tbsp shredded mozarella, as garnish (optional)
Blanket sweet potato with the chilli con carne, and top it with freshly shredded mozarella cheese. If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Steps to make Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne:
- Drain your cooked pinto beans, and set aside 1/4 cup. Transfer remaining pinto beans on a canister and fill it with water then keep it in fridge for future use. If using canned refried pinto beans just set aside 1/4 cups, and transfer the remaining good stuff on a container and store it in fridge.
- Fill large pot with water (about 6-8 cups), set steamer and place washed root crop. Cover with lid. Turn heat to high. Soon as the water boil, turn heat down to medium. Let root crop steam for 30 minutes. NOTE: A. you don't want a burnt pot 🤭, so check water level every 10 minutes. Add water when necessary. B. boiling root crop reduces its natural sweet flavor, which is why I do not recommend that method. C. If you own a microwave, nuke it for 40 mins.
- While the root crop is steaming, chop your onion, garlic, carrot and bell pepper. Set aside.
- Make the sauce. On a small bowl, mix well all "sauce" ingredients. Set aside.
- Time to stir fry spices: Put pan over high heat, soon as it smokes a bit, turn down heat to medium. Wait for 10 seconds before placing olive oil. Stir fry onion until semi translucent, then mix in minced garlic. Soon as garlic is almost golden brown add in cumin, (anise seed - optional) and bell pepper.
- If spices wafts fragrantly at home this point meant it is time to mix in your minced carrots and lean ground beef. Continue stir frying until beef is cooked. Then add in cooked pinto beans and sauce mix. Stir then let it simmer with lid cover, over low heat for about 2-4 minutes. If the sauce is reduced, just add 1 or 2 tbsp water and let it simmer for additional 30 sec. more or less, uncovered. Your chilli con carne is done.
- Your sweet potato is done after 30mins of steaming. But if you want it extra soft, steam it for another 10-15 minutes.
- Take out the root crop off the steamer. Using a wet, but wringed out hand towel, peel off sweet potato skin to discard it.
- On chopping board, cut one sweet potato in half lenght wise, then transfer on one serving bowl. Blanket sweet potato with the chilli con carne, and top it with freshly shredded mozarella cheese (optional). Repeat this step for the other sweet potato, and serve that other set to your love one or a friend. Enjoy!
We provide you only the perfect Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try. Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne Jump to: Recipe Weight Loss Tips Before you jump to Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne recipe, you may want to read this short interesting. The Best Sweet Potatoes are Steamed, and I Don't Want to Hear About It Fluffy, pudding-like sweet potatoes are even better topped with tahini butter and a generous shake of sesame seeds. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the beef, celery, onion, green pepper, garlic and jalapeno over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!