Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, angel food cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Angel Food Cake is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Angel Food Cake is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Angel Food Cake This angel food cake has a completely different texture than the ones made from a mix. My family enjoys it all year long, either plain or topped with berries and whipped cream. —Lucile H. Proctor, Panguitch, Utah Homemade angel food cake is worth the work. It is moist, unlike the sweet styrofoam available in the grocery bakery.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have angel food cake using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Angel Food Cake:
- Prepare Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make ready About 9 large egg whites. It is about 1 1/4 cups
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- Prepare 1 cup cake flour. I use Swan brand
- Get 1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- Take 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon salt
Learn more about this cake doneness test. Why is it called angel food cake? There's a reason angel food cake is a favorite dessert —it's tender, light as air, and tastes, well, divine. What's more, it's virtually fat-free and uses just six ingredients.
Instructions to make Angel Food Cake:
- Put egg whites in large metal or glass bowl. Let sit to room temperature.
- Sift 1/2 cup sugar and all the flour twice. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place oven rack on lowest position.
- Add cream of tartar and almond extracts and salt to egg whites.
- Beat with mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Turn mixer on high and teaspoon at a time, add remaining sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time by gently folding in. Do not mix vigorously. It will deflate the egg whites.
- Spoon into ungreased bunt pan or loaf pan. Do not grease! This needs to climb sides while baking. If greased it can not rise to be fluffy.
- I use a 10 inch tube pan. Make sure your pans are big enough. This rises high when baking. I use 2 loaf pans also.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Top should be golden brown and feel dry and crumbly.
- Test at 30 minutrs to see if baked through.
- When done, invert cake on top of glass bottle or on sides if using loaf pans. Cool completely.
- Run knife around edges of pan.
- Remove cake. Serve plain or with fruit.
There's a reason angel food cake is a favorite dessert —it's tender, light as air, and tastes, well, divine. What's more, it's virtually fat-free and uses just six ingredients. Sarah's Six-Ingredient Angel Food Cake No need to buy a mix to make angel food cake. Light and airy angel food cake that's great with berries for shortcake, whipped cream, and more super sweets. Angel food cake is one of the most versatile desserts we know.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food angel food cake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!