Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, chinese bbq pork/ char siu. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chinese BBQ pork/ Char Siu is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Chinese BBQ pork/ Char Siu is something which I have loved my whole life.
Place soy sauce, honey, rice wine, hoisin sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, five-spice powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and curing salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil on high heat; reduce heat to medium-high. Also called Chinese BBQ Pork, it's finger licking good and you're going to be shocked how easy it is to make the Char Siu sauce that's used to marinade the pork. Char Siu Pork - Chinese BBQ Pork Char siu (叉烧) is a type of Cantonese roast meat.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have chinese bbq pork/ char siu using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chinese BBQ pork/ Char Siu:
- Get 450 g Pork belly 1.5 inch stripes/pork butt 1 inch thick
- Make ready 1 tbsp maltose
- Make ready Marinade:
- Prepare 1 inch cube red fermented tofu,mashed
- Take 5 tbsps sugar
- Take 1 1/2 tbsps oyster sauce / vegetarian stir-fry sauce
- Take 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Take 1/2 tbsps dark soya sauce /2 tbsps soya sauce
- Make ready 1 tbsp Shao xing wine
- Get 1 package char siu seasoning mix
You can also use it as char siu dipping sauce. Char Siu (Chinese BBQ Pork) Most Chinese restaurants will serve Char Sui as a side dish or appetizer. At my favorite Chinese restaurant, they will serve this with the main entree alongside the fried rice. No matter how it is served, if made RIGHT, it can easily be my favorite part of the meal.
Instructions to make Chinese BBQ pork/ Char Siu:
- Tenderize pork with a turkey lifter fork. Mix all marinade ingredients together then put on pork. Put pork into a zipper bag or a container and let it marinade overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375C. Put water in roasting pan. Remove pork from fridge and arrange on a wire rack inside roasting pan. Bake for 30 minutes then turn it oven and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add maltose to marinade. Simmer marinade until it turn glossy and thick. Set aside
- Bast thickened sauce on pork, bake for 10 minutes in order to get a nice caramelisation and char. Turn pork and bast other side, bake for 10 minutes to get even char on both sides. Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
At my favorite Chinese restaurant, they will serve this with the main entree alongside the fried rice. No matter how it is served, if made RIGHT, it can easily be my favorite part of the meal. Char Siu Pork is also known a s Chinese style BBQ pork is famous roasted pork dish. It is featured not only by the yummy taste but also the light red color. In Chinese Char Siu is 叉烧 meaning roasted pork on certain of fork.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chinese bbq pork/ char siu recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!