Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, shrimp on pasta with marinara sauce. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
The Best Pasta With Shrimp Marinara Sauce Recipes on Yummly Marinara Sauce, Homemade Marinara Sauce With Fresh Herbs, Spicy Marinara Sauce. Sign Up / Log In My Feed Articles Meal Planner New Pantry-Ready Recipes New Browse Yummly Pro Guided Recipes Smart Thermometer. You can serve it right out of the pan, with crusty bread and a green vegetable.
Shrimp on Pasta with Marinara Sauce is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Shrimp on Pasta with Marinara Sauce is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook shrimp on pasta with marinara sauce using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp on Pasta with Marinara Sauce:
- Prepare 1 Tbs extra virgin Olive Oil
- Take Try to make equal amounts of the vegetables:
- Prepare 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- Make ready 1/2 small carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- Make ready 1/2 small stalk of celery, finely chopped
- Take 1 clove garlic, finely chopped garlic
- Prepare 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- Prepare 2 oz dry red wine
- Take 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- Get 1/2 Tbs freeze-dried oregano, use 1/3 less if dried
- Prepare 1/2 Tbs freeze-dried basil, use 1/3 less if dried
- Make ready 1/2 Tbs freeze-dried parsley, use 1/3 less if dried
- Get 1 tsp brown sugar (I use 1 tsp white sugar and a drop of molasses)
- Take salt and pepper to taste
- Get 1 Tbs Butter
- Make ready 4-6 oz shelled shrimp
- Make ready 3 oz spaghetti
- Make ready Parmesan Reggiano cheese to grind over pasta
Put pasta back into stockpot and drizzle with a touch of olive oil. Add the marinara sauce and shrimp to the pasta, using kitchen tongs to toss the pasta. Add the cheese and serve immediately. Spicy shrimp fettuccine with marinara sauce builds bold flavors in the pan with a very modest amount of ingredients.
Instructions to make Shrimp on Pasta with Marinara Sauce:
- In a pot, heat the oil over medium heat until hot. Add the onion and garlic and saute, stirring very frequently, until the onion is translucent about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the celery and carrots then cook for another 3-4 minutes
- Add the crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano, parsley, fish sauce, and wine. Simmer, covered, on low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and the vegetables are completely tender..
- Stir in the brown sugar or white sugar/molasses combo. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper as needed. Add the butter and stir into sauce.
- In a food processor, blend the sauce until it is smooth. I use a stick blender right in the pot.
- Simmer some more if sauce is too thin. Keep warm while you cook the pasta.
- When the Pasta is about ready, bring the sauce to a simmer and add the shrimp and cook gently until pink, don't overcook. Put on plates and pass the cheese.
- Serve with slices of Italian bread and a good red wine.
Add the cheese and serve immediately. Spicy shrimp fettuccine with marinara sauce builds bold flavors in the pan with a very modest amount of ingredients. Garlic, of course, leads the way but the spice of the red pepper flakes cannot be ignored. Basil and a bit of salt helps bring it all together. This is the beauty of Italian cuisine.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food shrimp on pasta with marinara sauce recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!