Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, beef stew - slow cooker. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery. This traditional Beef Stew is the best Slow Cooker recipe for Fall and Winter. It's loaded with tender bites of juicy beef, golden potatoes, carrots, peas, red wine, onions, garlic, and a hearty beef broth.
Beef Stew - Slow Cooker is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Beef Stew - Slow Cooker is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook beef stew - slow cooker using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Stew - Slow Cooker:
- Get 2-2 1/2 lb top round beef roast
- Get 1 large yellow onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- Make ready 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- Make ready 4-5 large carrots, peeled and sliced in large chunks
- Make ready 1 1/2 lb. russet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into 1 in. chunks
- Take 4 cups beef broth or stock
- Take 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Make ready 1 tsp. salt
- Get 1/2 tsp. each pepper, dried thyme, dried rosemary
- Get 1/4 tsp. each cayenne pepper, smoked paprika
You can use stew meat for beef stew (obviously), but we prefer bottom round beef roast. How to Make Beef Stew in the Slow Cooker Coat the chunks of beef in flour, salt and pepper. You can do this by shaking the beef, flour, salt and pepper together in a large zip-top bag, or by stirring them together in a large bowl. Distribute tomato paste, vinegar, and flour over beef; season generously with salt and pepper.
Steps to make Beef Stew - Slow Cooker:
- Cube up your beef, removing any large pieces of fat, into about 1 inch pieces. You can brown them on the stove first if you like, but honestly I don't bother to do so.
- Grease a large (6 quart) slow cooker and place all the ingredients in. Give it all a good stir, then place the lid on and set the heat to low for 6-8 hours, or until the veggies are soft and the beef is fall-apart tender.
- Serve immediately once it's ready and enjoy!
You can do this by shaking the beef, flour, salt and pepper together in a large zip-top bag, or by stirring them together in a large bowl. Distribute tomato paste, vinegar, and flour over beef; season generously with salt and pepper. Add onions, potatoes, carrots, garlic, and bay leaves. This Slow Cooker Beef stew is a delicious, old fashioned beef stew recipe simmered in the slow cooker with tender meat, carrots, potatoes and celery. It's easy to make and so perfectly comforting and cozy for chilly days!
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food beef stew - slow cooker recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!