Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, vegetarian/vegan bolognese. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vegetarian Bolognese Sauce is a combination of lentils, mushrooms, carrots, celery, onions, and garlic in a light creamy tomato sauce. Vegan and oil-free, Vegetarian Bolognese is an Italian, savory pasta dish the whole family will love. This Bolognese sauce recipe is adapted from Marcella Hazan's Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking. We swap out the beef and pork for button mushrooms to keep this traditional comfort food vegan yet weighty with umami flavor.
Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have vegetarian/vegan bolognese using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese:
- Make ready 1 small head of cauliflower
- Make ready 1 lb mushrooms, I prefer a wild mix
- Take 2 cups carrots, shredded or whole
- Prepare 1 small yellow onion
- Get 4 tbsp garlic
- Prepare 2 tbsp crushed red pepper
- Take 1 tbsp dry basil
- Take 1 tbsp dry thyme
- Make ready 2 tbsp sugar
- Make ready 4 cans (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- Take 1 cup red wine
- Make ready 1/2 cup Olive oil
- Prepare to taste Salt and pepper
This vegan bolognese is hearty and rich, made with lentils, mushrooms, walnuts, and a ton of vegetables! Approved by picky meat eaters and kids, and perfect for stocking the freezer! Are you on a mission to include more plant-based meals into your family's diet? By the way, this is also the best ever vegetarian bolognese recipe.
Steps to make Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese:
- Rough chop your cauliflower, carrots,onions and mushrooms.
- Add your vegetable mix and garlic in a blender or food processor and pulse until finely chopped (essentially looks like ground beef)
- In a pot heat up about 1/2 cup of oil.
- Add your vegetable mix, herbs and spices and saute until they soften.
- Add your red wine and reduce by 1/2.
- Add your tomatoes and sugar and simmer for about 35/40 mins
- Serve with your favorite pasta and enjoy!
Are you on a mission to include more plant-based meals into your family's diet? By the way, this is also the best ever vegetarian bolognese recipe. This bolognese vegan sauce is thick, savory, and just the tiniest bit sweet. The texture is crumbly and silky, just as it should be. This recipe not only makes a great pasta sauce, it also makes this delicious Vegan Lasagna.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food vegetarian/vegan bolognese recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!