Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, brad's pan seared salmon with bacon cheddar polenta. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Great recipe for Brad's pan seared salmon with bacon cheddar polenta. I just got back from a fishing trip and this fish looked awesome. I had to cook some of it fresh. See recipes for Brad's pan seared salmon with bacon cheddar polenta too.
Brad's pan seared salmon with bacon cheddar polenta is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Brad's pan seared salmon with bacon cheddar polenta is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have brad's pan seared salmon with bacon cheddar polenta using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's pan seared salmon with bacon cheddar polenta:
- Make ready For the salmon
- Prepare 1/2 wild coho salmon. Remove all bones. Cut into 4-6 oz pieces
- Get Sea salt, white pepper, garlic powder, crushed red pepper
- Prepare 3 tbs Canola oil
- Make ready Fresh sprigs of rosemary and thyme
- Make ready 4 tbs butter
- Take 1 lemon
- Prepare For the polenta
- Prepare 1/2 lg onion, chopped
- Take 8 strips bacon, chopped
- Take 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Get 1 1/2 cups white or yellow corn meal
- Make ready 3 cups water
- Prepare 2 cups half and half
- Make ready 2 tsp granulated chicken bouillon
- Get 3 tbs ricotta cheese
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
- Take to taste Salt and white pepper
Seared King Salmon [gf] Seared King salmon* paired with butter garlic shrimp and served with sautéed shallots, corn and red Succulent wild shrimp coated in a homemade spicy Cajun blend, quickly pan-seared with a light buttery pan sauce. Served with crisp bacon over extra creamy, sweet garlicky grits laced with melty smoked cheddar. Shrimp and grits is the pinnacle of southern comfort food, at the intersection of tradition, sophistication, and indulgence. Check out kristenindenver recipes and cookbooks on BakeSpace.
Steps to make Brad's pan seared salmon with bacon cheddar polenta:
- Rinse and portion fish, leave skin on. Pat dry on both sides with a paper towel. Lay out on a plate and lightly season with listed seasonings. Let sit out to slowy come towards room temperature.
- Place onion and bacon in a lg Dutch oven. Heat to medium and sauté until bacon and onions just start to caramelize. You don't want the bacon super crispy. Add garlic and sauté 2 more minutes.
- At this point heat a 12 inch skillet on medium high heat with 3 tbs canola oil.
- Add water, half and half and bouillon to the bacon and onions. Bring to a rolling boil.
- When skillet is hot. Lay fish into the skillet skin side down. Always lay the fish away from yourself. Cover skillet with a screen, if you have one, to keep oil from splattering everywhere. Sear for 5-7 minutes. Let skin start to get crispy and golden brown.
- When liquid is boiling, slowly whisk in cornmeal. If you go too fast it will lump up. When all the cornmeal is mixed in, add both cheeses. Optional to add 2 tbs butter. Immediately turn heat to very low and stir often.
- After skin on salmon browns, flip fish over. Sear on the meat side for 3 minutes.
- Flip fish again back to skin down. Add butter to the skillet and lay fresh herbs over the top of fish. When butter melts, spoon butter over the top of fish completely covering the herbs. Repeat every 30 seconds for 3 or 4 more minutes, depending on how thick the fish is.
- Fish is done when it barely starts to flake in the center. Overcooking will dry it out. When done squeeze fresh lemon juice over fish.
- Plate polenta with salmon on top. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Shrimp and grits is the pinnacle of southern comfort food, at the intersection of tradition, sophistication, and indulgence. Check out kristenindenver recipes and cookbooks on BakeSpace. With sautéed green beans, almonds, garlic, and vinegar, served with basil hollandaise. Fresh-cut and pan-seared halibut over roasted red pepper polenta cakes with sautéed spinach and red peppers topped with a melon glaze. Panko crusted sweet lump crab, julienne vegetable, creamy polenta, lemon caper aioli and remoulade.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food brad's pan seared salmon with bacon cheddar polenta recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!