Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, butternut squash soup with pecan crumble. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Cheddar Apple Butternut Squash Soup with Cinnamon Pecan Crumble Autumn butternut squash pureed with sweet caramelized apples, fresh thyme, and a touch of milk. Finish each bowl off with sautéed apples and a sprinkle of cinnamon flavored pecan crumble. One of the coziest bowls of soup you'll enjoy this fall! On a rimmed baking sheet, combine the oats, pecans, flour, maple, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have butternut squash soup with pecan crumble using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble:
- Get Soup:
- Get 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Make ready 1 yellow onion, chopped
- Get 2 honeycrisp apples
- Get kosher salt and pepper
- Take 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Make ready 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- Take 4 cups cubed butternut squash. Option to cut the bases off of them, and scoop out the seeds and save to use as serving bowls (Refer to Roasted Acorn Squash recipe for roasting directions)
- Make ready 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
- Make ready 1 cup whole milk
- Get 1-2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, depending on your taste
- Make ready 2 Tbs + 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Take 2 Tbs salted butter
- Get 1 Tbs honey
- Make ready Pecan Crumble:
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups raw pecans, roughly chopped
- Make ready 1 cup old fashioned oats
- Take 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- Take 2 Tbs real maple syrup
- Take 1 tsp cinnamon
- Get 4 Tbs salted butter, at room temperature
Chives : Finely chop up some chives and serve them on the soup or leave them long as a stylish garnish. Nutmeg : Add a sprinkle of nutmeg and stir well to give the soup a richer flavor. Add squash and pears and sweat those too a bit. Pour in the stock, enough to submerge solids.
Steps to make Butternut Squash Soup with Pecan Crumble:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the onion and 1 chopped apple. Cook until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook until golden, about 2 minutes, then gradually whisk in the broth until smooth. Add the butternut squash, cayenne, and a large pinch each of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook, covered, until the squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the stove. Let cool slightly and then puree in a blender or use an immersion blender.
- Return the soup to the stove and set over low heat. Stir in the milk and cheese until melted and creamy. Add the thyme and cook another 2-3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- To make the honey butter apples. Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 thinly sliced apple and cook until it just begins to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Add the honey and 2 teaspoons thyme. Cook another minute, then remove from the heat.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and spoon the apples over top. Option to serve in roasted butternut squash bottoms.
- Finish with a sprinkle of pecan crumble. Enjoy!
- Pecan Crumble:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, combine the oats, pecans, flour, maple, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Add the butter and use your fingers to crumble it into the mix until everything is moist.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until crisp and golden brown and smells amazing. I like to serve this warm, so I make it while the soup simmers.
Add squash and pears and sweat those too a bit. Pour in the stock, enough to submerge solids. Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the brown sugar, pecans, flour, butter, paprika and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl and mash with a fork.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food butternut squash soup with pecan crumble recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!